The National Museum Sulu is a two-story building that was once the Provincial Museum and Library of Sulu. It is located in Jolo, the province’s capital.
The Sulu Museum and Library was established through a Sangguniang Panlalawigan resolution in 1981 to house ethnographic materials of Sulu culture and a library. With public funds and private donations, then Provincial Board member, Mrs. Oswalda A. Cabel, developed the museum.
Since its inauguration on July 22, 1982, the Sulu Provincial Museum and Library has served domestic and foreign scholars, tourists and local visitors. It was donated and transferred to the National Museum of the Philippines on May 24, 1994. On September 19, 1997, the then Jolo Branch Museum was opened to the public.
NM Sulu Archipelago Museum
Address: Capitol Site, Jolo, Sulu 7400
Contact No.: 0917 710 4083
FB: National Museum Sulu Archipelago
The former LORAN Station was built in 1953 as a navigational facility that provided an accurate system for defense operations of the US Coast Guard during World War II. The Philippine Coast Guard ran it until December 31, 1971. The Uyugan local government took over the abandoned property and donated it to the NMP in 2012.